Thursday, May 30, 2024

Past Symbols


life has been good to me but
not always kind and in return
I have not always been kind
to others especially when so
full of themselves they will
stink up the room if broken,
their arrogance precedes their
arrival into a room...  that which
is constant is the music but not
just any music - rock and roll 
is how they classify it and the
years of influence are the 60s
and the 70s even though many
people would disagree...  it is
lyrics that are profound not
just the melodies and I am
forever reminded of my brief
youthful innocence, most of
which washed away in the 
rain as if it were meant to be,
I am a disciple of those musical
decades, living my life around
their words and meanings, never
changing the philosophy of my
beliefs nor its lucid implications.


May 24, 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment