Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Recollections of a depression
Failed my expectations
Sifted through thoughts
In regular intervals
Like pennies brought along
For taxes or placed in
Counter-top jars for causes;
Invasion enters into its force a
New structure, altered preserved;
My once quiet little corner
Far from the marketplace
Lifts its waking eyes now
Towards a new promise,
A new set of regulations and ideas
Stored and eludes my grasp
Becoming as spoiled as I;
We live inside the world of
Group participation, each with its
Own list of variables and values;
Cruel may it be
To enter my world,
My isolation,
My space;
At peace with myself
Relaxing with a non-interfering afternoon;
Toss the coin and wait,
Our rights differ – each right honored –
At least for a time;
Unknown strangers make me nervous
Strangers leave me uncomfortable;
Not talkative with my friends; so,
Can I sit by myself a while?

May 10, 1986

No comments:

Post a Comment