Tuesday, September 11, 2012

my mind
feels its way around
undeveloped
thoughts,
connecting and
reconnecting,
attempting to form

a lucent or
translucent
idea from which
a direction
could emerge,
but,
it is blank,
hollow and
empty --
void of the
tangible or
intangible,
sleeping
in a coma;
eyes dart around
an empty
room,
hoping to find
a memory,            
hoping to find
a spark,
but no one
smokes
anymore;
ears,
that once
generated
jokes,
now hear silence
and
are as dead
as the
night from
which I
awoke;
caffeine cries
hinder
my progress;
lips,
spasm without
words;
emptiness,
echoes through
my body like
chemo infusions,
destroying all
with which
it connects

like orange
agents;
and I,
am left with
fleeting
despair
as though
hummingbirds
were leaving their
nector for
journies
south;
daylight,
now encircles
my
abandoned
thoughts,
herding shedherds
true to
their profession,
relentless
in their
boring routines; but,
thankful
nonetheless;
mountain cats,
climb down
terraced
tree-houses,
searching for
slumber as
hundreds of eyes
look                                        
towards the skies
in search of
anything
ancient while
imagining the loneliness
of not being
alone;
like the feelings
I have
around undeveloped
thoughts
developing
because I had
nothing better
to do
today.

September 8, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment