Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Toxic Cocktail

a winter's cold arrived early this November
as Fall leaves were falling to the ground like
the killing of soldiers in VietNam not too long ago;
my recliner has a cold, leather surface, a pre-
historic serpent encapsulating me as though
I was still inside my mother's womb; and, the
friendly but absent minded volunteers work around
me like band members who missed orientation;
it is deadly...  that, which enters the bloodstream,
killing youthful innocence on both sides, needing
to be extracted because they failed to pay the rent;
helplessly committed to this single source supplier,
my trust and confidence has been placed and it is
with a reticent belief that I will see tomorrow
and be able to shed all my regrets another day.

15Nov13

No comments:

Post a Comment