Friday, November 3, 2017

Being Out There

Inside myself, I have hidden all
that I once was or had become...


Inside myself, I remember it clearly as if it
were the day before or the day before that
one and when I try to share it with myself
two other worlds collide, leaving me
speechless and unsure of what's been said;


Inside myself, I have witnessed the times
that had always passed unnoticed, but
which had been remembered in the mind,
just behind the eyes that watched it happen;


Inside myself, I long for others to be alongside
me and all those who had always been a part of it,
before it had become difficult to understand,
although the faded memories were always clear;


Inside myself, I see myself here and there and
everywhere I needed to be or wanted to be,
allowing my smiles to blend in with those I knew
or that had known me for one reason or another;


Inside myself, is a joy of the excitement yet
to be experienced and an awareness of all the
people yet to me met or passed by as if they all
had never once been just strangers but family;


Inside myself, is the need to remember and be
remembered for who I still am, and if I had
temporarily disappeared, the we need to hold
onto each other before I am disappear again.


Inside myself, I have hidden all I once was
but today all that I am is with you...

2017

No comments:

Post a Comment