Friday, January 20, 2023

Word's Want


words fall from my mind like intermittent

showers, sometimes forming puddles and

sometimes just rolling downhill into the

valley below...  it is in this valley where

the big words live that are used to make

big sentences...  that are interwoven to 

create longer works of fiction that those

who have the time will want to read...

words stumble down the back paths of

my imagination, trying to find groupings

as they tumble into nothingness and are

washed away in the next shower as long

as the water remains warm and gentle...

words live on the pages of my thoughts

that sit on the night table beside the bed,

that smile at me when I awake each day

as if they want to be the first item that

I see in the hopes i will pay attention.


13 January 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment