Friday, October 6, 2023

Carefree


Carefree
is the fall morning,
a pleasant coolness in the air
not cold at all
but soothing nonetheless,
a change from the sultry humid
heat of a dying summer
that lingered longer...

Carefree
is the recliner in which I
sit this morning,
counting blessings instead
of failures...

Carefree 
are the moments spent my
three cats,
even though they are a constant
nuisance sometimes,
they are comforting and
reassuring when the body and
the mind wind down...

Carefree
is my retired life, no worries
or concerns with what
was previous or may unfold 
since it matters not in
the least to me anymore...

Carefree
is this new morning that offers
me another day of life,
another day of enjoyment
and being enjoyed
by those who have stood by me
this entire time.

September 23, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment