Wednesday, October 14, 2009

FORTUNATE





Retrospective and reflective, I have become


a backwards glancing addict


second guessing outcomes and unintended consequences,


I discarded along the shoulders


of my traveled back roads


like finding a rediscovered country of


precious mental yard-sell memorabilia;



How wondrous are my discoveries,


working the 'what if" scenarios down to a science,


predicting all the lost outcomes that I have associated


With all the non-existent string researchers I know,



Who,


Indulge themselves with probable possibilities…


I am who I am or was or will be… I keep telling myself;


And this exercise is as useless as predictions of the weather!



I see only what I want to see…


hear only what I want to hear…


and if,


there is an opportunity to change the past,



then, how else


can I judge myself… if


these pre-existing internal audits are not performed?


and if,


my pre-arranged


fixed path


were to have gone another way


my predilection for this addiction


would still remain


as my


un-treatable, un-insurable, pre-existing condition


could be unfortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment