Thursday, October 1, 2009

Poems from 2007

1

We live inside a world of hate a
world that knows nothing other than hate
And when we replace the hate,
it is replaced with greed and selfishness

And the power that we attempt

To exert over others that we serve.

Feb07

2

My heart belongs to no one

Except for maybe my creator

And it is not really my heart

But my soul that is His.

Feb07

3

When do we see our fortune

When does the pain stop

When are our eyes free

From the madness that we see

When do we replace our tears.

Feb07

4

There is a movement underway

Inside my mind and I am not sure

From whence it came but it is now

More powerful than what it has

Replaced and I see myself anew

Not in the frenzy of the moment

But in the calmness of death.

Feb07

5

If you were to live life like me

You would not see what it is

Meant for you to see outside

Of your own good fortunes

Feb07

6

A habit grows inside Like a clown
who needs to have laughter in order
for recognition to replace a sadness
within that Laughter had created.

Feb07

7

Within the span of several

Years, I have come to realize

That what I would like to have

Or grow into has nothing to

Do with what is actually

Going to happen to me

Feb07

8

Within the minds of those

Who would do you harm

Can also be found the seeds

That will eventually destroy

Feb07

9

Come to my side and see the

Beauty of what the Lord has

Provided to all of us free-of-

Charge that we may be pleased

With his creation and want

For nothing but that which is

Freely provided by Him.

Feb07

10

Inside your weaknesses are the
strengths that keep you going
for another quarter until you find
the strengths that are there again
and again, not so easily seen.

Feb07

11

My friends are few and far between
and I am not sure why other than,
maybe it is what has always been
intended I will have no replacements.

Feb07

12

If you were to love me more that
I believe that I love you, what is it
that you would do to show me this love,
so that I had no choice but to believe.

Feb07

13

Beyond the truth there is more

Truth and beyond that truth is more

Until the entire universe is filled

Will the truth of each and every soul

Feb07

14

If I am not the one you married

Then the reciprocal is true as each

Variable of a relationship is

Ultimately contingent upon each

Other due to subliminal validation

Feb07

15

Each morning after I awake I look

Into my thoughts and see words

That were placed there during the

night so that I can record them

Feb07

16

I would like to be rich and not

Have to toil in the white man's

Burden of supremacy, but that can

Only befall those who are captive

Feb07

17

We tend to honor our friend and forget

Our families because our friends have

A tendency not to tell us the truth

Which is what we try to avoid

Feb07

18

I have been delivered from the hands of

Satan by your blessings but do not know

What it is that you wish me to do, and

If I am the right one to perform your

Will the way you would desire it

Feb07

19

Beyond the threshold of our insecurities

There lies a world of joy and happiness

That few will see because they spend

All their time searching for that which

Has been determined unattainable

Feb07

20

If you were to look inside my thoughts

You would see confusion and many

Disbeliefs brought about by answers

Searching for their questions while

Existence lies in the futility of not

Knowing where to look for them

Feb07

21

Were you to live inside my head

What do you think that you would

Find other than what is already

Inside your own head if you were to

Really want to be introspective

Feb07

22

Therein lies the problem I believe

That we search for answers for the

Most part desiring no answers to be
found as we intuitively know once heard
we will find difficult to embrace them.

Feb07

No comments:

Post a Comment