Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Anger of Innocence


My thoughts are somewhat dead

abandoning me like guests

who have had too much to drink;

areas of my vision blacked out

leaving me blind  on

either side and in front;

my fingers stumble over the keypad

my tendons intentionally severed

preventing my misspelled and

mispronounced fragment from

recently appearing on the screen;

the politics of the right and the

declarations of the left are no match

for the growing anger of innocence

traveling with the rising sun;

patterns of success inside us, when served,

create waves of dystopia around us

no longer ignored like a bastard child;

our inter-mingling lives carress and tease

like lovers as metaphorical fornications

ravage us like armies of war and Sun Tzu's

creed becomes the way we all live.

2-23-11

No comments:

Post a Comment