Wednesday, January 30, 2013

On the Morning of our First Snow



nature covers mother with a
white blanket of seductive softness;
animals chill out in nests or holes or caves
waiting for others to venture out first;
fires heat the insides of dwellings
while others use their bodies to keep warm;
some play with sleds and skis while others
hunt with bows and arrows for sport;




















factories delay their openings an hour yet
the more progressive do not open at all;
some cook on wooden stoves,
some on butane grills, but some
may not cook at all in urban cells;
somehow,
somewhere the news shares tall the
continued negativity that enshrouds us all;
hope shines through our minds,
like the sun through the clouds,
and each day is a blessing for those
who seem to believe more than I;
but, in my wool bathrobe I sit
in my favorite chair and on my lap
sits Piper my Siamese cat and
together we share an unspoken bond,
contentment and happiness regardless
of dire prognostications around us.

18Jan13



No comments:

Post a Comment