Friday, July 29, 2016

Discomfort

a slight ring of discomfort
encircles my head completely
even though my thoughts,
if one can call them that,
roll out of my mind, as if
they had been manufactured
without my consent and given
to me to pass the time until
these rings disappear, but as
soon as one fades, another
one appears and there is no
respite even when my eyelids
close tight around the balls
inside and drawings of different
colors can be seen but only
two at a time like white on black
or red on black or green on black,
and these drawings seem different
from one another like ink blots
or photos seen of fractal geometry;
and, focused on these art form
has become mesmerizing and
each of these lines can be
distorted when slightly opening
the lids and squinting, turning
them in to line of sight lights
like one might see driving in
the darkest of nights when them
moon is so scared it stays away
and weirdos come out to play.

21May16

No comments:

Post a Comment