Thursday, July 28, 2016

Fatigue

my fatigued body lies
on a bed of familiarity,
past its normal time of
evening departure but
it makes no difference
as tired eyes close and
thoughts drifts to dreams
and my mind slows just
enough to let distant
desires and feeling in,
no any kind of sleep in
in small acquisitions of
time and yet, the clock
on the stand shows a
good hour and a half
have passed, leaving
me with some rest of
the body in question
yet not the kind that
makes a difference or
shares the claim that
“like a baby I slept;”
and, this is expected,
always expected the
night those poisoned
terrorists are sent to
silently destroy the enemy
when in the process, there
are always casualties of
the good kind that are
left in the wake as well,
and in this patriotic
gesture of good faith
medicine, I am poisoned
to the “gills,” in order
to gain a “foot up” on
my future... still, not a
worthwhile future, just
a retirement that is
mediocre at best, since
my ambition was left
behind in my old high
school desk that had been
on loan to guys like us
for years and we never
knew why they were all
smiling at us exactly.
21May16

No comments:

Post a Comment