Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Early Mornings Rise

light protrudes through the skylight like
some phallic symbol memory of the previous day
and... I am left wondering
sitting in my chair,
drinking my poorly made morning coffee,
why I even feel this way...
images of nonsense drift comically by
as I reach out to touch none of them in particular
hoping to refresh my memories a little,
sensing the delay might be from lack of sleep,
and... not enough properly made coffee,
now regretting the pods left at home;
filled with the tremors of a sleepless night
and bowels that hardly ever move in the light,
I am left speculating...
as to why not a more comfortable chair
was not found,
hoping to stimulate my performance
as it were of that
which could not be found
without proper mercy and forgiveness,
and all of that, which made me bitter
until so late in my days when
so little time is now afforded me.

24Jun16

No comments:

Post a Comment