Thursday, January 18, 2024

A Winter Glance


waving branches outside my window
say good morning as I gaze out in their 
direction...  cold gusts of wind pass
through my body when checking the mail,
winter has arrived and none to early...
inside my retreat I remain mostly in
wool pants and t-shirt...  something
warm to drink is always beside me and
I limit my activities accordingly...
for three months my life this will be
maybe more or maybe less, it varies
from year to year and the least of which
has been two and a half and in those
years, we considered ourselves lucky,
north of us is colder while south of us
is warmer...  still, in those alternate
locations, four seasons they don't have,
a misleading sun blinds the sight and
one's imagination until a door is opened
and the lie is exposed for what it is...
conducive to sleep the weather is but
not really advisable since at night it
will not be required...  an open mind
we keep even though it may be cold
and the dreams that keep us warm and
safe are always for the temps to improve.


January 11, 2024




No comments:

Post a Comment