Thursday, February 22, 2024

Our Protector


in the middle of a crowd, I stand
unknown and unseen...
dressed like everyone else in
blue jeans, tennis shoes, a knit
shirt and a baseball cap...
sunglasses cover my eyes and
polarizing lenses block out the sun,
no one can see me looking at them;
days before I crouched in front
of a fireplace, mapping our my
strategy, planning on both getting
caught and possibly escaping...
around me, I see the hollow souls
that are about to die in ignorance
not paying attention to all the signs
spread out in front of them...
males and females of various ages
have come to see the spectacle
and will see the show of their lives
as the heavens dance in and out
of the clouds in order to accelerate
their forward movements...
children will grow up parentless
and will form inappropriate parings
as a result of their discomfort...
I will consume it all as I have always
done in order to protect the future.


February 15, 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment