Thursday, June 28, 2012

I Can Always Imagine



I close my eyes and see your smile
and eyes filled with so much excitement
from our shared experiences;
I feel your skin next to mine
so soft and alluring
and so pleasant to the touch that I  can
 never imagine not wanting to be next to you;
I kiss your neck softly
letting my kisses trail down your shoulder
to your lower back
where I rest my head
on the silky softness of your thighs and
imagine myself somewhere close to heaven,
like a narcotic forever provided;
I feel the goosebumps down your side
lightly running my fingers over them,
back and forth
across your shivering and
you turn your head to me, saying,
"that feels so good . . ."
I close my eyes and imagine
doing this every day when I am away from you,
but it is difficult to say and do not
want to appear silly or
in love for the first time; but,
it is a sensation that I will always crave,
even when you do or say something
that hurts my feelings, or
do not listen when I need to share;
as you desires must come naturally,
as if by instinct . . .  so, I withdraw
and in my mind and eyes closed, I imagine
us lying together,
side-by-side
nude and facing
each other with arms
outstretched and touching
gently kissing
looking
smiling
and beginning foreplay
that will send us on our way
to another experience
far exceeding what we've done thus far;
but which means nothing
if the love we feel and express is
over-shadowed by our constant fighting.

May 1996

No comments:

Post a Comment