Friday, October 25, 2013

POEMS FOR A SPECIAL FRIEND - Day 5


No longer


No longer do I sit in my own overstuffed chair
In my own little corner of the world, wondering
If I will ever feel loved and cared for again;


No longer will I ponder the rhythms of rain
Or if sunsets or sunrises are more spectacular
Since your thought reached out to me;


No longer will I question a simplified or complicated
Purpose in life to justify and signify my life because
Your presence in my life answers the question;


No longer will I sleep in darkness or walk in the purple
Haze of an unfamiliar or unintentional life when you
Provide me with the desire to see the light:


No longer will my age mystify my experience or
Block the natural tendencies of human desire knowing
Love is not always about sexual intercourse;


No longer will I fear the need to be forgotten since my
Journey has left nothing behind for which to be proud
Until now:  the knowledge that you care about me.

10Oct13


No comments:

Post a Comment