Wednesday, September 30, 2015

All Answers Given

beneath these mental feet that
hold me firmly in time and space,
I see my body below
trembling with desires
to be set free...   but,
from what
and into what,
I wonder...

beneath this mental glass slipper
that sometimes fits
and sometimes not too well,
I see
currents of wisdom floating
through a labyrinth,
bound by the serpent, who,
distorts and diminishes them
for his namesake only,
but, by proxy;


beneath this mental encasement that
houses rhyme nor reason not,
I am plagued
by the sickness of doubt and
the doubt of doubt itself,
but journey forward nonetheless do I,
the flag of blind faith flying high,
and the songs they used to play
float around me like planets
towards the only black hole that
they are allowed to find;

beneath this mental gallery of possibilities
lies the body of multiple universes,
all of which are expanding,
mindlessly and endlessly forward
as if a gigantic "kick the can" game
is being played out...
and to the victor, it would appear,
all answers will be given
all destinies fulfilled
all needs satisfied
all debts paid...  except,
for the ones we owe ourselves.

22Nov14


No comments:

Post a Comment