Sunday, July 19, 2020

Heaven Sent

my body turns one way, twists another
sweat puddles at the base of my neck
and for few moments I am free and clear;
my thoughts dwell on what it was like
my mind seeks clarity and continuity
but all there is left is futile hope in the
belief it will all soon just be a memory;
an unseen angel sits on my shoulder
guiding me away from despair and a
soon to be rediscovered depression
with the understanding that I have yet
to fulfill that which gave me my life;
destiny and predetermination are in
my wheel house and have guided
this body throughout its entirety or
so have I been led to believe a decade
ago when I was given back my life;
my body turns one way, twists another
and longs to be home where being
uncomfortable is comfortable and the
inevitable path to recovery is easier
tolerated as sounds of familiarity
wash over me as is Heaven Sent.

July 18, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment