Friday, July 10, 2020

Quickies From 1988 Untitled

I crashed your party and now
you don't want me to leave;
it was more than just a
coincidence that took over
a year to happen with us.    1988




I tried to leave you once before and
holding that attempt up for scrutiny
    decided on substitute gratification.    

1988

the flavors of live with which
I am familiar are those colors
whose textures are more
personal than human emotions.    1988








tonight my feelings bend in your
direction like blades of grass in
the rain with each drop holding
the intensity of the moment.     
1988




I have given in to my feelings 
and will allow them to have
their way with me once again.    1988






evenings recently have held me
accountable to a twenty two year
old memory and what was felt
that has never been felt since.    1988


No comments:

Post a Comment