Monday, November 16, 2020

Held Responsible

yesterday, my words expressed a sentiment
that was felt then but not today...
or was it...  I know not exactly,
yet, I am to be remembered for it forever,
or so it seems to the recipient who
reminds me constantly it was said;
yesterday, my words sounded solemn and serious
but not today as they are light hearted and fun,
but I am to be remembered for yesterday
not today since only yesterday was heard;
yesterday, my thoughts were indicative
of the day before or the day before that one
as I am not totally sure...
they are mere words that come and go
as they please for me...
yesterday, my words were just words
written for the moment, not the occasion
reflecting the concern but not the truth
written with emotion not with thought
yet, these words will be my legacy and the
legacy of those who believe in me
to use my words as freely as can be
given the random circumstance from
which those words have been given birth.

22 October 2020






No comments:

Post a Comment