Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Damaged Senses


my eyes see for only a few feet

in front of me, and then it

is all just a blur...  my ears hear

within a radius of three hundred

and sixty degrees, and then

sound exponentially decreases...

my smell has been damaged from

tobacco and then it 

smells a rose a few feet away...

my taste senese iron from the blood

of a cut lip, and then it

tastes no different at all...  my feelings

have been hurt numerous times

during my lifetime, and then

there is no feelings at all...   the odd

characteristic of senses is that they

are constanting changing to

accommodate expectations...  and then

the expectations die surreptitiously

and the mind misunderstands the cues,

leaving us in a state of insomnia and

then a coma of dead thoughts emerge

and we drown our woes in a pitcher of 

beer, alcoholics annonymous donated.


10 October 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment