Saturday, October 8, 2022

Sleep Waking


along the mental hardwood floor my thoughts

walk with the silence of a feline stalking their

prey in our backyard...  to thre edge of reality

my thoughts dance like a teenager at their first

party not caring if they are moving correctly

but enjoyu being there all the same...  inside

out then outside in, my emotions twist and 

turn as if being wrung out of water after

leaving the pool...  beyond the core of rational

understanding my minds slithers through the

air like a snake slithering through tall weeds

without splinters...   a ghost holds my memories

and releases them to the general purblice ignoring

the copyright affixed to the first page...  my heart

leaps out of my body just before the shock of

being awake opens my eyes and I wonder where

i am and why i needed to pee every two hours

as if I had been drinking coffee in my sleep.


3 October 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment