Saturday, August 19, 2023

Failing to Lose Time


look at me today or tomorrow 

and I will be gone,

try to follow and I will lead

you in the wrong direction,

I am one of many who will

stroll by your pleasures

wanting to sample and leave,

stay with me tonight

I will be gone tomorrow

leaving you alone in your grief

and sorrow of it all...

take me down to the river bed

and show me where you

catch your food and how you

cook it over a fire so I can

eat and say goodbye,

I am the river...

I am the dust...

I am the wind that blows

from one side of your smile

to the other, leaving you

old and forsaken...

I am what you need most but

cannot have no matter how

hard you beg or how much

you offer....  I roam from

town to town taking youth

away from its owners...

I will live forever inside you.


August 11, 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment