Friday, August 11, 2023

Presumptions


twenty feet in front of me is another twenty feet

and I wonder how long I will have to walk in

order to find my way home...  twenty hours of

daylight left and then darkness will prevent my

journey from continuing...   no light source can

be found other than what is provided by nature,

my mind whizzes around light's harnessing,

only to realize it cannot be done with the little

amount of knowledge I possess...  and some

would say that the law is based upon possession

but without the law there is no possession to be

discussed...  inside the law, we reach outward

in an attempt to control its actions, but nothing

has been written on which the law is based and

all of our assumptions are meaningless...   it is

not life that we regret today but the presumption

of innocence that life must convey to everyone.


August 4, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment