Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Waiting For The Rain


the light fades from another day

tasks not completed left for tomorrow

the downing sun has a ways to go

ice cream in my belly is cold...

mental thoughts rearranged

not sure what other thoughts there are

but these have a tendency to

come and go at their leisure...

I wonder if the store has anymore

of this ice cream still?

the pebbles are out but not spread

work for another day, I suppose

the heat was not bad this morning

but there were other chores...

I wrap my mind around a word

and cannot forget it for the day or

I will be forever lost wondering

where it went and what I might have

imagined from its meaning...

days tremble at the announcement

of more rain but I like it when it pours

down endlessly as if we are all just

going to float away somewhere new.


August 8, 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment