Saturday, November 25, 2023

Afternoon Naps


shadows on the trees confirm suspicions
backlight yields a 3-D appearance
leaves that have not fallen say
tomorrow is the day they will arrive,
weather bands tumble into the sixties
as senior citizens cool off with sprinklers
thanksgiving has come and gone and
we are none the wiser for it...
windows to the world open up in my sunroom
birds fly by looking like fish in an aquarium
cats sit in their trees quietly expecting lunch
fueled by misconceptions that is was 
only a linger shadow in the trees...
a month from now, maybe two or three
we will be unwinding the memories that
we took today, hoping the light captured
all that we wanted to see, not caring 
about what we thought we heard...
I wonder if I could wonder about the past
without the memories I have stored
inside my head when my mind no longer
sees the white line on the highways...
we are only the children of our age
since life we heard is to be ever-lasting.


November 18, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment