Sunday, November 5, 2023

Life's Colors


maroon, black, grey, and white

are the colors of my life,

the colors of my rug,

the colors of my shower curtain,

and the colors of our pillows;

we went from browns, reds, and yellows

to these new colors when we

physically moved our location...

colors form the basis of my thoughts,

my excuses, my explanations, and

the daydreams I experience;

green and light brown vases sit

on either side of the fireplace,

black tables hold a purple vase

and the seldom used VCR...

we are not color blinded nor

are we color sensitive, despite

what social media says about

all the Caucasians here...

colors play with our eyes and

some colors we wear and like

more than other ones...

green is the color of our grass

in the summer and brown is its

color in the winter... when there

are no leaves of color on the trees;

we are simple minded folk that

do not mind a colorful life nor

will we mind a colorless death.


October 27, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment