Thursday, November 16, 2023

The Screening of Death


a clouded vision passes through my mind
leaving me with an emptiness...
a singular solitude that no one else can
experience or imagine...  it corrupts my
thoughts and all my pretenses, and I see
falling stars like dark spots in my eyes;
I sing to the rhythms of the rain that
pours through my fantasies, interrupting
my exposure to life and its forgotten
children...  we see the war on screen...
we read about the war in newspapers
and online, as dead souls seem to be
trending as fast as they are streaming,
a clouded vision passes through my mind
and wars appear in my thoughts...  daily
rituals are forgone for reality of loved
ones passing over and we moan their
loss wondering when it all will stop.


November 9, 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment