Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Sacred Irony In Loneliness


Short was the hallway between us,

silk and satin leaves were its wall,

and dying embers its path;

wine stained crystals overhead

illuminated your face

suppressing the emptiness

from which I must pass;

my feet moved reluctantly,

feverishly my body trembled,

your outstretched arms beckoned,

your form grew more visible as

the distance between us shortened;

my body ached with anxiety

that only you could control;

suddenly, I stood before you

your naked body glimmering,

your lips parted and pouted as

I stood there motionless,

without knowing what to do;

your arms wrapped around me,

warmness touched my flesh;

slowly, you pulled me over

forcing my head to yours;

my eyes closed when our

bodies pressed close together

and out lips touched and melted;

my senses filled with your

perfume and my eyes opened

as you disappeared from sight.

February 1977

No comments:

Post a Comment