Monday, July 23, 2012






always do I encounter
in my conscious dreams
what I do not encounter
in my conscious reality;
but that ability is always
short-lived as I fall asleep.

July 11, 2012




the ceiling fan spins out a breeze that
cools off my inability to sleep, still I see
each blade around my head moving;
the lights tickle my straining eyes
my hand’s pen scratches out what was written;
on the floor, dead cats lie motionless as
the sound of motor cars pass by outside my window;
I wonder how soon my luck will last and I
will head off the bedroom to try again.

July 11, 2012




by my side my
Siamese sits,
guarding and
wondering why
he is sitting by
my side at all;
but, it does
not last long,
when a bug
he spies;
jumping down
away from
my reality
to play with
his new friend.

July 11, 2012

 
From the Cannot Sleep Poem Series - #'s 5, 6 & 7

No comments:

Post a Comment