Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Just About Today, I Reckon



Bluebird flies to its house and pauses . . .

looks in my direction and flies away . . .

sheriff cars pass by in front of me, sitting innocently

on the porch watching thunder clouds approach;

the Japanese Maple and Dogwoods need the water but

my thoughts are disturbed by the returning blue birds,

one with life inside sits on a limb and pauses . . .

looking at each other uninterrupted,

sheriff cars pass by again and I pause . . .

on the currents of a gentle breeze, the birds return

one squawking at an approaching cat;

white rocks separate me from the bushes as

another storm approaching breeze waffles by;

mornings are the best for me, I reckon, sitting here,

thinking about the photographs of a misspent youth

seldom revisited anymore and faded yellow no doubt;

rumbling thunder lifts my head again but those days long gone by,

but a struggling sun reminds me it is time to go inside.

July 9, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment