Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I See It

I see only resistance
and hate,
contempt and
misunderstandings
that have grown
tiresome
in my old age;
I see a temptress
lurking
in the dark recesses
and shadows
behind your eyes,
plotting and
scheming
your next revenge;
I see that forgiveness
has been given
a ship of her own
and a distant
ocean
in which to sail her,
charting
non-existent courses
with the billowing winds
of the trades;




















I see weak precautions,
precariously
balanced and cradled
in your hateful arms,
like a mother holds
her dead child,
not wanting to release her
for burial
and too naive to really care;
I see an end to
the pain of life,
but have not the
courage
or the stomach
to end it that way;
and yet,
I do most definitely see
and realize,
it is the only way
to be
truly free...



17Feb14

No comments:

Post a Comment