Sunday, July 17, 2022

After Having Back Surgery


a summer shower breaks the temperature

and the humidity, lowering the water in

the pool by two degrees...  enough to make

it a little more slower sliding into the water

to begin my afternoon walk...  and, while

the threat of dark clouds is on display

above my head, it never rains again and

my forty minute exercising is uninterrupted;

sitting on the porch, the rain fall gently,

no rain is blown through the screens as was

the case the other day when it rained...  the

quiet rain is pleasing to the ears and in a 

way is as mesmerizing as meditation to

those of us who are in a mood to relax...

the smell of fresh cut grass flows through

moisture, reminding us that the mowing

we did earlier was just in time...  and,

while reflecting on the generosity of this

thought am unceremoniously remindcd

that the mowing was performed the day

before and as I mellow in the notion that

age has penetrated my mind in a most

undesireable way,  I am thankful that I

can still remember my back surgery...


9 July 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment