Wednesday, July 13, 2022

The Perimeter


around and around the perimeter I walk

one foot in front of the other

one leg in front of the other

extending the stride as far as I can

as the water keeps me perpendicular

and balance is not needed by holding

onto the metal sides of the pool...

out of water, it is different...  I walk with

a limp on one side as I steady myself

with a cane or touching the surface of a

nearby wall...  and, the stride is about

half what it is when in the water...  I walk

for therapy and to heal the trauma that

was perpetrated on my lower back and

while it was with my permission, the

aftermath is not without its complications...

so if I were to seize the day, it could only

take place if I were in the water as on land

my body is far from being back to normal.


5 July 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment