Friday, July 15, 2022

Mexican Sangria


light permeates through the clouds and

even though we cannot see the sun, we

know it is getting close to the horizon...

and as the light diminishes in the valley,

we sit at the table with our family thankful

with what we have been given and grateful

for that with which we have been blessed...

it is a spiritual time for us this time of day

as we regroup and return to our homes,

mindful of the weather and that we have

mowed our grass before it rained and the

valley cooled right before the humidity

was in the process of choking...  we cooled

our minds and bodies inside while our

thoughts remained outside with no fear

of sunburn...  and when the door chimes

sound and our neighbor two doors down

hands us a bottle of Mexican Sangria and

as we smile broadly he says, "Thought you 

might enjoy...   I've been meaning to come

down for days but you know how it is?"

"Not to worry,"  I reply. "I've been sick

anyway...  won't you come in?"  He declined

my invitation and as I drank from the bottle

I reminded myself that friends are, sometimes,

better than one's own family who never calls.


8 July 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment