Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Off In the Distance


off in the distance the moon rises just

like it did yesterday and the day before,

and will continue to do until I die...

after that, it can do what it likes as I

will no longer be in a position to care;

off in the distance, the moon highlights

the clouds of the day that did not have

enought time to escape and I can see

faces  in their shadowy structures...

off in ther distance, the moon howls

back at the wolves who stare at its

light as if it were the enemy it has

been searching for all its life...

off in the distance, the moon seems

to be sitting on top of a hill, whose

image is barely visible in the dim

light that surrounds the horizon...

off in the distance, the moon casts

doubt on the evening and all the

darkness that is no longer present...

off in the distance, my body walks

ahead of itself as if it is hoping to

see itself arriving instead of being

told it's destination has been reached...

off in the distance, my relatives are

all gathered at the top of the hill in

the hopes of delaying the opportunity

for me to have dinner with them all.


15 November 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment