Sunday, December 11, 2022

The Guest List


a thousands scars on my body can

be seen by those who are interested

in what it was like to live like me

in the early years...   a thousand

memories mostly bad, are left in

a room that strangers never knew

existed when they were friends...

a thousand souls have flown in

and out of my consciousness as

if they were part of me when in

reality they were only there to

provide a temporary service...

in and out of my mind are the

keys to the kingdom that we all

must visit sooner or later when

our lives have lived out all of

their usefulness...  in and out

comes the salvation that wraps

its arms around the lonely as if

it were trying to comfort itself...

years of kindness are replaces

by the woes of ugliness and we

sit in judgement of those who

would wrap us up as presents

and given to beggars at the next

holiday while overlooking the

guest list of who was invited.


4 December 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment