Saturday, July 27, 2024

Transitional Morning


morning coffee sits on the glass table
the glass table sits on the front porch
a rocking chair sits there too,
in which I comfortably sit, pondering:
the end of the rain...
the turning of green tomatoes to red...
the end of inflation...
why the morning sky is still cloudy...
when my Siamese cat will awaken
and want to perch in my lap;
thoughts of a silly nature
some serious too,
but meandering nonetheless
on this newly discovered afternoon;
ponderings for the foolish mind
some have declared in the past,
while others have noted
a concern is lingering in the minds
of most of us as to when will our
country ends its delusions...
and while that was not on my mind this day
it is clearly on other minds,
more solid than my own...
as what is primarily bothering me is
when do I come in from the cold.


July 21, 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment