Friday, June 24, 2022

Arriving Early



behind my back, both hands are tied

with a soft rope tied tightly...  numbness

down into my fingertips extends declaring

my predicament...  both ways turned - 

there is no solution - mustards seeds were

place around my feet to prevent escape

knowing there had been no place to go...

a giant sea crab stoles up to me and pecks

me on my nose, investigating the hard

surfaces...  our dinner guests begin to arrive

and I remain in party clothes, hoping no

one will notice...  but, the edges of something

always keep me in focus as we relieve and

reimagine ourselves as something new and

different now that surgery has altered our

appearance, frequently moving less physically

than before...   not meaning anything by the

brevity of it all, knowing that's all we had


12 June 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment