Saturday, June 11, 2022

Lost Creek Fishing



do we mourn the loss of age and

praise the gaining of wisdom or

do we wrap our heads around the

notion that our lives are about over

and we should be thankful for all

that we have done or accomplished?

we struggle with the inevitability 

of it all...  as if its immensity is more

than we could ever bear...   and yet,

bearing it is exactly what we do;

we live in each other's shadows

fearing our own more than others,

hiding when both approach as if

keeping some sort of promise...

time ages life...  or is it the other way

around...  i sometimes wonder when

my days inside the closest seem to

dampen my spirits...  and, the dreams

I had while being locked away prove

to be more than I can understand in 

the short span of time I have to live;

we honeymoon on the banks of the

lost creek, fishing inside our minds

for forgotten memories that might

help us better accept our old age.


30 May 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment