Thursday, June 23, 2022

Leftover Sight

sight leaves me with no visuals of what

I really need to see...  outside the glass

door is a world of greens, blues, and browns

blended together right in front of me...  we

see life from inside the hues and shades

of color that society's artists have woven...

we see rain through the leaves falling as if

it had nowhere else to go but to our land

and environment...  flowing steadily...  and

without remorse to learn the value of what

you sought to destroy...  sight leaves me with

no visuals by which I see the world and seek

to understand its impact on me and others...

those who would be intellectuals or so they

claim as they spout out phrases and statement

they memorized from a book written by those

who lives so many years before us...   it is a 

sight to behold or so I have been told...  we

see what we want to see or need to see or

should see in order to change...  but, there is

nothing into which we want to change...  sight

leaves me with no visuals as the rain pours

into my mind's reservoir floating all those ideas

to the surface that had been submerged down

into the sweet muck red dirt clay kiln coffins.


7 June 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment