Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Daydreaming



a witch beckons me inside her cabin
inside is a door that leads to another room
inside that room is a door that leads to 
yet another room without a door but
a fireplace has a brightly burning fire;
the brightly burning fire burns yellows,
reds, and blues in various shades and
flashes out beyond it walls to gently
rub my face, leaving no marks...  the
witch cackles and snorts in the flames
returning to the fireplace from her mouth;
the room begins to shrink until I am in
the outer room that begins to shrink 
until I am in the first room and see the
open door through which I run quickly...
on the outside the witch turns into a bird
and the bird turns into a cloud and the
cloud turns into a sunny blue sky...  I wake
up with my back against the willow tree
and a fishing pole in my lap with its line
in the lake in front of me...  bloinking my
eyes several times, I wonder where I've been.


APril 3, 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment