Sunday, May 7, 2023

Out From The Sky


rain falls from the sky

down to the ground and

into my drink - I watch

it fill the glass, diluting

the alcohol inside...

my stomach rumbles

like thunder due to the

emptiness it feels - there

is a good reason as I have

not eaten in hours...

our pond overflows with

kindness when visitors are

allowed to fish its banks,

even though no licenses...

a dusky dawn turn silent

when the evenng robs it

of its virginity and I watch

as if I am some dirty old

man getting his kicks...

mute points fall ot of my

ears along with the drops

that were put inside to

open up its possibilities,

falling short of expectations;

and, I see myself more than

just clearly but as others

see me when disappointed.


April 29, 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment