Monday, June 12, 2023

Empty Oblivion


an emptiness flows through my consciousness

from my head down to my toes and back...

along the way encountering little resistance

but on the return organs begin to wonder why...

my eyes see nothing from their hollow sockets

and the tears that I think I shed is just remnants

of the morning shower I took without thinking;

I smile to the maid who has come in to clean

my mind, informing her of the situation to

which to pays no attention, proceeding with

her duties...  long before she leaves the for

the maintenance arrives and proceeds to fix

the plumbing about which I had called several

months earlier...  my thought dry out on the 

clothesline but not as quickly since we are

without the sun...  a momentary lapse in my

judgement that should be rectified once the

the emptiness dissipates into oblivion again.


June 7, 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment