Wednesday, June 14, 2023

The Information Desk


I stand in front of the information desk

staring right through the person who is

sitting in the chair...  wondering why

she has the position she has if she cannot

direct me to the place I need to go...

her smile helps but does not erase her

stupidity or ignorance or her lack of

training being in this high traffic area for

the sole purpose of answering questions;

it boggles the mind so much so, I do not

know what to say to her except thank you 

for your help and move on...  and, as I

walk away from her location, I wonder

how many others she has failed to help

and how much she is being paid for this

service, helping those who have no clue

where to find what they seek...  and then,

it dawns on me that she is a by-product

of this equity hiring concept which seems

to be focused on hiring people who have no

knowledge of that for which they were hired.


June 8, 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment