Friday, July 7, 2023

Almost a Lifetime


over twenty-five thousand nights

and days have I seen so far and

several thousand more ahead...

some of them have been cold and wet

others have been humid and dry,

most of the knowledge acquired

was never used - left wondering

as to the point of it all...  a couple

of wives helped me celebrate life

and a couple of wives took more

life out of me than they gave back,

visions of memories without photos

flash through my mind from time

to time reminding me of how lucky

I was to be there even thought I

cannot remember the trip or the days

spent at those various locations...

friends were made and lost dozens

of times as I changed from one job

and location to another but when I

left those halls of chores none of them

made an effort to come with me or

stay in touch...  it is always amazing

how quickly life takes us to the end.


July 2, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment