Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Morning Knowing


not too early in the morning I awake

the sun is usually up and behind clouds

my body is already fatigued as if I   

needed more than 10 hours sleep...

my eyes hurt and my nose drains and

I feel a tad wobbly when I walk even

though my paces are much slower...

my throat is dry and it is hard to swallow;

moments later the nausea sets in as it

begins to rise in the stomach and then

permeates my entire body...  sitting 

down to catch my breath and rest is

my only option as I curse the tumors

growing inside of me, wondering if

they have been there a while or if they

are new and fast growing...  my future

dims...  putting it out of my mind, I try

busying myself with minute tasks that

have no reason to be done today...  I 

smile at the cat who has come up to 

rub against my leg in the hopes I will

pick him up and rub him...  and, just

when I bend over, the other two cats

approach wanting the same attention.


July 6, 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment