Thursday, July 27, 2023

Toast and Coffee


decadence has washed over me like a summer rain

my mind is full of illicit thoughts and feelings

a mist of sensuality cools my heated body and I

run to the corner of the room to hide in shame...

midnight pearl robes cover most of me

a red satin glow enters from the window like a

ghost and stands in the shadows watching me...

my hand quiver as they touch my face, gently

rubbing my forehead as if it were aching,

I close my eyes to see the darkness inside me

finding only seldom used points of view

long since abandoned by me as a child...

reluctant wondering pursues me like a bad dream

and I fold myself up inside the briefcase that

was left to me by my father when he died...

the porter comes to take me downstair, thinking

I am just a forgotten piece of luggage and I cry

out in horror when my silence is disturbed....

I long for morning and my toast and coffee.


July 19, 2023



No comments:

Post a Comment